You will need a computer to have access to digital learning resources, our intranet and more on campus.
As a Les Roches student, you will be given individual access to our intranet website, which hosts student information, including support and teaching documents and other learning resources. You can bring your own computer from home, provided that it meets our specifications. On some campuses, you may also have the option to buy a laptop when you arrive.
Students may bring their own laptop but it MUST meet the School’s specifications as follows:
- For Windows (Windows 10 minimum) or Mac (BigSur minimum)
- The version of the operating system must be installed in English
- Professional Anti-Virus software is recommended
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point) will be provided by the school during your studies
Minimum Technical Specification
- Intel Core i5 Processor (or equivalent)
- 8GB RAM
- 100GB hard disk space available
For more information, you can contact your future IT support team directly.
Helpdesk Number +41 (0)27 485 27 27
Students joining Les Roches, will need to have individual access to our intranet Website, which hosts student information, including support and teaching documents and other learning resources. Students will also require access to the internet which is vital for access to online library resources, email and project research.
All students have to bring a laptop that MUST meet the School’s specifications as follows.
- Windows 7/8/10/11 Operating System English version (Windows 7 without using language’s packages). Only Genuine Software Licenses are accepted.
- Operating system, Mac OS 10.12 “Sierra” or later
- Microsoft Office: You will be eligible to download and install the MS Office suite (for free) using your school credentials. This license will be valid only during the time you are a Les Roches Marbella active student.
- Internet browser (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari)
- Updated plugins (Java, Flash, etc.)
- Professional and updated Multi-Layered Anti-Virus protection (Kaspersky Anti-Virus, McAfee AntiVirus Plus, Norton Security, Bitdefender Total Security, etc.)
IMPORTANT: Les Roches does NOT provide any paid software (Windows, Office, etc). Free of charge, IT Help Desk offers BASIC and LIMITED support to non-school machines.
Any Mid-range processor with PassMark score higher than 1.200 points. You may check it on www.cpubenchmark.net. School’s recommendation is Intel i5 Processor (or superior)
- 4 GB RAM
- 100GB space available (HDD or SSD)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 g, n (2.4, 5 GHz)
- HDMI standard A port (*)
- USB Port Type A (*)
(*) In case computers that don’t have these ports (mostly Mac computers), the student will need to bring the corresponding adapters.
Students are encouraged to save THEIR files on cloud solution (Dropbox, iCloud, Google Drive, etc).f external hard disks or USB keys are used, it is recommended that all these devices are checked for viruses on a regular basis.
The responsibility of hardware maintenance, purchase of all Software, upgrades and support rests with the student.
Les Roches can provide students with a list of local suppliers who offer these services.