You will need a computer to have access to digital learning resources, our intranet and more on campus.
As a Les Roches student, you will be given individual access to our intranet website, which hosts student information, including support and teaching documents and other learning resources. You can bring your own computer from home, provided that it meets our specifications. On some campuses, you may also have the option to buy a laptop when you arrive.
You are encouraged to purchase a package through the school. It comprises a latest model laptop, extended warranty and an enhanced support program through the school IT team.
- Intel i7 processor (or equivalent)
- 8GB RAM
- 500GB hard drive SSD
- 13.3 inch screen (HD Display)
- Apple Care Protection Plan
- MS Office Home & Student 2016
For more information, you can contact your future IT support team directly.
Helpdesk Number +41 (0)27 485 27 27
Students may bring their own laptop but it MUST meet the School’s specifications as follows:
- The version of the Windows Operating system must be installed (Only Genuine Software Licenses are accepted) – in ENGLISH
- For Windows PC or Mac, Microsoft Office 2013 or later.
- Professional Anti-Virus software is recommended
Minimum Technical Specification
- Intel Core I5 Processor (or equivalent)
- 8GB RAM
- 100GB HDD space available
Windows Vist a/7/8/10 Operating System English version (Windows 7 without using language’s packages).
- Only Genuine Software Licenses are accepted
- For Windows machines, Microsoft Office or 365 All versions (preferably Office Pro 2010 to 2013
MacBook machines are supported only if Microsoft
- Windows has been installed using Boot Camp. You can find more details on https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201468
- Internet browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox,
- Google Chrome, Safari, etc.)
- Updated plugins (Java, Flash, Shockwave, etc.)
- Professional and updated Multi-Layered Anti-Virus protection (Kaspersky Anti-Virus, McAfee AntiVirus Plus,
- Norton Security, Bitdefender Total Security, etc.)
IMPORTANT: Les Roches does NOT provide any paid software (Windows, Office, etc). Free of charge, IT Help Desk offers BASIC and LIMITED support to students’ machines only if operating system and software is in English
Any Mid-range processor with PassMark score higher than 1.200 points. You may check it on www.cpubenchmark.net. School’s recommendation is Intel i5 Processor (or superior)
100GB HDD space available
Wi-Fi 802.11 g, n (2.4, 5 GHz)
It should be noted that Les Roches does not offer any hardware support for student’s laptops not purchased through the school. Theresponsibility of hardware maintenance, purchase of all Software, upgrades and support rests with the student.
Les Roches can provide students with a list of local suppliers who offer these services.
Students may use their own laptops for their studies, however Les Roches Jin Jiang does not offer hardware or software support for students computers. The responsibility of maintenance and purchase of all software, upgrades and support rests with the student. Les Roches Jin Jiang can provide students with a list of local suppliers who offer these services.
Contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org