A warm – and safe – welcome awaits you on campus
At Les Roches, we’ve always looked positively toward the future. It’s down to the innovation and entrepreneurship ideals that are woven into our DNA. Now, with restrictions easing in Switzerland, Spain and Shanghai, we are looking toward resuming the personalized, face-to-face learning our students value so highly.
If you are a current student, if you’ve already enrolled to join us this Fall, or if you are thinking about studying with us, you’ll find relevant and up-to-date information on this page, as well as full details on how we’ll keep you safe and healthy on campus.
For new and prospective students
Our remote learning option for BBA semester 1
We understand that today’s circumstances could make it difficult for you to join us on campus when our next Bachelor’s degree begins in October 2020.
We don’t want you to postpone your future, so we have developed a unique solution, Les Roches Connect, which will deliver the complete semester 1 curriculum through a blend of learning at home and on campus.
Check-in dates for new students
If you’re a new student to Les Roches you can find your check-in dates at the link below.
We’re offering flexibility on entry criteria
As a world-leading hospitality business school, we remain committed to operating within rigorous academic guidelines when setting our admissions criteria. However, we appreciate that the current situation means you may not have access to the necessary documents for your application. And we understand that capacity for English language testing may be reduced in your country.
We’ll try to be as flexible and accommodating as we can within our guidelines and quality standards. For example, we’ll accept predicted grades where possible, and find solutions for students who have not received their graduation certificates. The three additional English language tests that will be accepted (for the Fall 2020 intake only) are:
- IELTS Indicator (you sit the test independently and provide us with your official results)
- Oxford Placement Test (this test is bookable via our International Enrolment team and is included as part of your application fee)
- Language Cert (you sit the test independently and then provide us with your official results)
Visas and late arrivals
At this uncertain time, you have the full support of our dedicated admissions and enrolment team for help with your application, including advice on visa requirements and processes. We understand visa services around the world are operating at reduced capacity; so, for the Fall 2020 academic semester, we’ve moved the semester start date back to October. This should allow you extra time to plan your arrival.
For added flexibility, we’re accepting late arrivals of up to one month after the program start date, when caused by flight availability or visa delay. If you think you are going to arrive after your program start date, please contact the admissions and enrolment team to make a late arrival request, so we can prepare your additional pre- and post-arrival support.
We’ll also be making extra resources available for visa applications for Switzerland. Keep an eye on this page for updates.
Coming back on campus
Arrival and check-in: Monday 20 July 2020
Seminars and classes commencing: Monday 27 July 2020
The period from July 27 to early October 2020 will include:
- The conclusion of the leadership Series “Leading in Turbulent times”, with seminars, panel discussions and workshops
- The completion and final classes of your courses for the semester
- Tutorials and workshops for your final exams and assessment
- Exams and assessment weeks
- And resit weeks
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to send an email to email@example.com
Campus re-opening July 2020
“We have managed to get the virus under control.”
-Swiss Confederation President Simonetta Sommaruga
Our remote learning programs concluded at the end of May, except for BBA semester 7 and MBA semester 2 students who have chosen to complete their programs remotely.
With the Swiss Government announcing a significant relaxation of restrictions, and similarly positive stories in Spain and China, we have been working hard to prepare our Crans-Montana, Marbella and Shanghai campuses to welcome students back as of July 27th to resume your face-to-face teaching and campus operations.
Before you travel to continue your studies
Our campus teams are dedicated to supporting our returning students with B permits and visas, general arrival questions as well as guidance on quarantine measures. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For travel guidance, our corporate travel agency Executive Travel will be happy to assist students with all your travel arrangements.
For our current and future student communities
Enhanced on-campus health, safety and welfare policies
Your wellbeing is our absolute priority and we’re doing everything possible to create a safe campus environment for you. We’ve introduced four key principles to support your safety on campus:
- Reinforced sanitary protocols
- Clear guidelines for personal hygiene
- Physical distancing in all situations
- Regular communication to staff, faculty and students
Detailed COVID-19 protocols have been developed by each Les Roches campus. They cover all activities and areas, and are applicable to staff, faculty, students, and visitors. Our protocols have been evaluated and confirmed by medical and hygiene experts. They follow, and often go beyond, the advice of health authorities and advisors.
We’re more committed than ever to your career success
With restrictions easing in many countries, travel and hotel demand is starting to build. It’s the beginning of what we hope will be a full recovery for a hospitality industry that’s proved its resilience to shocks in the past.
There’s no doubt that the hospitality business of the future will look different. Companies will need to adapt to changing consumer demands, new technologies and new priorities in terms of health, wellbeing and sustainability.
It means that, as a Les Roches student, your innovative, disruptive mindset and skills will be in even higher demand – whether that’s for your professional internships or future leadership roles after graduation. As a global Top 3 hospitality business school, you also have the power of our name to open doors to the roles you desire.
Our specialist Career Services department will be ready and waiting on campus, to ensure you’re connected to the roles and opportunities you want – in your home country or elsewhere in the world if you choose.
Summary of our main COVID-19 safety protocols
These protocols will evolve to follow updated guidelines from the health authorities in our different locations.
- The campuses will be completely disinfected prior to the arrival of students
- The full protocols and other health-related guidelines will be communicated prior to arrival. We require every student to follow these protocols, in order to protect themselves and the other members of our campus communities
- All students will be required to provide us with their arrival date and time, including (when applicable) flight number, airport transfer, etc.
- Upon arrival, you will be given a health and temperature check by the campus medical team
- You will receive a personal hygiene set (3 reusable and 10 disposable masks, hydroalcoholic gel, detailed health and safety guidelines)
- A hygiene and safety briefing will be part of the Induction week and ‘Welcome back’ package
- For Swiss campuses : downloading and activation of the SwissCovid App recommended.
- The main and secondary entrances to campuses will be equipped with automatic thermal cameras that measure body temperature. A warning is issued in case of excessive body temperature, and a specific protocol will be implemented if this is the case (isolation, meeting with medical team, etc.)
- All students and staff must enter in single file
- We will require everyone to wear face masks while on campus – each student will be given three reusable masks when they arrive on campus
- Numerous hand sanitizers will be made available, and regularly refilled
- Flow direction/patterns will be marked on the floors, to enable social distancing. These will be supplemented by posters and markings
- Students will be allocated to a specific classroom and will not change classroom during a given day
- Hand sanitizer will be positioned at entrance of every classroom
- Seating will be organized to ensure a 1.5 meter distance between students
- Cameras installed in classrooms for live broadcasting to enable remote learning
- Video recordings available on Moodle within 24 to 48 hours
- Regular opening of doors and windows to ventilate classrooms
- Classrooms, table-tops, etc, will be cleaned and disinfected as soon as class is finished, at least three times per day
- Students and staff will be given specific eating time slots to allow for social distancing when eating and when in the queue for self-service
- Social distancing of 1.5 meters will be enforced for seating and in queues
- Kitchen and service personnel will wear masks and gloves
- Tables and chairs will be cleaned and disinfected after guests have departed
- Cashless payments whenever possible
Special attention will be given to restrooms, including very frequent cleaning (above normal hospitality standards)
- Hydroalcoholic gel available upon arrival
- Soap and additional cleaning supplied available in all buildings
- Reinforced cleaning procedures
- Housekeeping teams to wear masks and gloves while cleaning rooms
- Security team to wear masks when visiting student accommodation
- A health team available on campus from Monday to Friday
- Security team on call 24/7
- We will maintain regular contact with local hospitals and medical doctors, as well as public health authorities
- All staff, faculty and students will be required to continually monitor their health
- Immediate self-confinement measures for staff and students if required, according to the campus COVID-19 protocol, including tracing of contacts
- Follow-up by the campus health team, medical doctor, hospital and health authorities, as specified by the campus protocol