Master’s in Hospitality Strategy and Digital Transformation
Next intake: March 2021
Flexible study options available
1 Field Trip
Next intake: March 2021
Digital technology is revolutionizing hospitality, creating fantastic opportunities for tech-savvy professionals who have the skills and insights to lead digital transformation strategies.
Our new Master’s in Hospitality Strategy and Digital Transformation – the first of its kind in the world – is designed to make you ready to seize these opportunities to shape the hospitality industry of tomorrow.
6 months + Decoding Bootcamp 4 weeksSwitzerlandSemester 2
6 months + business field tripSwitzerland
Internship or capstone
Internship or capstone
Two semesters of full-time academic study are split into three modules:
Module 1 – Tactics
Mastering digital technologies and innovation in the hospitality sector
• New trends and disruptions in hospitality
• Effective technologies in operations and service
• Database management and artificial intelligence
• Performance measurement and business analytics
• Finance and value creation
Also includes a ‘Decoding Bootcamp’ focused on mobile applications, websites and data curation.
Module 2 – Strategies
Developing sustainable strategies and business models
• Design thinking and innovation
• Advanced digital marketing strategies and tactics
• Ethics and CSR in the connected world
• New business models and start-up ecosystem in hospitality
• Revenue, channel and demand management
Module 3 – Leadership
Leading your organization into the digital transformation
• Applied project management
• Customer experience, service excellence and personalization in the digital age
• Sustainable hospitality business strategies, design and development
• Leadership awakening: multicultural leadership, emotional intelligence, talent management and team building
• Implementing and leading the digital transformation
“This Master’s will expose students to cutting edge faculty and experts, confronting them with innovative business models and entrepreneurial thinking.”Scott Dahl Program Director
The Master’s in Hospitality Strategy and Digital Transformation culminates in a fully assessed capstone project, which can be completed either through a real-world internship experience or via a consultancy case study.
You can opt to undertake an internship in a related field of your choice – for example in digital marketing or revenue management for a hospitality company – during which your performance and progress will be evaluated by your host company, with your learning outcomes appraised by Les Roches faculty.
Consultancy case study option
Working in small groups, you will undertake a consulting style project with one of our industry partners. You will receive weekly supervision by faculty; and at the project’s conclusion you will be assessed on outcomes against objectives, together with your personal contribution.
At the end of academic Module 2, you will have the opportunity to put theory into practice in an immersive field trip, providing real-world context for all the topics studied to that point.
You will meet and network with leading figures from across the industry, see hospitality innovators at work and gain a more complete understanding of what it takes to succeed in the digital world.
As a student on this Master’s program you will become uniquely connected with the hospitality industry, gaining direct exposure through:
• Applied projects
• Industry guest speakers
• Visiting professors drawn directly from industry
• Field trip to Paris
• Capstone project
While you are studying with us, you will have access to expert career counselors to guide and support you as you work towards your preferred career path.
And when you graduate, you can expect to choose from exciting roles within the hospitality industry; or in technology companies, finance firms, digital marketing agencies – in fact, any business that needs to digitally transform or leads transformations for clients.
Alternatively, you could decide to use your newly acquired knowledge to effect digital disruption through your own start-up enterprise.
Next intake dates
Bachelor-level degree. Preferably business or hospitality related
A copy of academic credentials (degree, final official transcript for the full degree program). The school accepts documents in English, or one of the Swiss national languages, i.e. French, German and Italian. If not, an official notarized translation in English will be required.
Relevant work experience is preferable, but not required.
Must be proficient in English for higher education studies. English language exam scores (issued in the last 12 months) are required from candidates who are not native English speakers, or who have not spent the last
Download a program brochure for a full breakdown of entry requirements.
Flexible study options
In response to the current circumstances, we have introduced a number of flexible study options for our graduate programs starting in March 2021:
- Late arrival window extended to four weeks after program start (with personalized catch-up plan)
- Remote learning options tailored to each program – including online modules, full class broadcasts (live/as live depending on your time zone), one-to-one online mentoring sessions with program leaders and faculty, plus bespoke career support
- Option to defer to a 100% face-to-face future intake at no extra tuition cost (within first six weeks of remote study)
brands visit our campus every year to find talent
of career-seeking students have one or more job offers on graduation day.
Leading brands recruit our students
Successful careers that started at Les Roches
"I like to think of it as the ‘Ivy League’ of hotel schools"Radha Arora