Course: Hospitality Marketing – BBA Semester 4
Project: Video Advertising Campaign
Overview: Consider any business relevant to the hospitality Industry. Put together an advertising video campaign for this business. Length should be between 20 and 60 seconds.
- Set an objective for your campaign – what do you want to accomplish?
- Are you trying to educate prospects about a new product?
- Are you trying to win new clients from the competition?
- Are you trying to build awareness?
- Position your product properly.
- Which products are succeeding and which are not?
- Analyze the competition.
- What consumer demands are being satisfied and which are not?
- Analyze the attributes of your product: what can you offer that no one else is offering?
- DIFFERENTIATE YOUR SERVICE
- Define your Audience.
- Determine which segments of the market you can serve best. Avoid being “all things to all people”.
- Make each ad reinforce your brand image.
- Once you position your product and define the audience you wish to reach, you can now assign your product a personality or “brand image”. In advertising this can be carried out by the use of a consistent layout format; typeface and/or logo and “tag line” (ie. ” always Coca-cola”)
- Make your ad headline and visuals compelling.
- The main function of your ad headline (and visual if you have one) is to grab the audience´s attention. If it fails to do this, your ad may not have a second chance. (Research into the readership of consumer print ads indicates that on average you have about four seconds to accomplish this.)
- Let your prospect’s attention focus on your product; not on the message.
- How often have you come away from an ad remembering everything but the product?
- Let your creative skills guide prospects to the product, not distract from it.
- Be compelling, clear, concise, credible and consistent (4C´s)
- Review your final concept: does your product perception match that of your consumer? Is the ad achieving its intended purpose?
Mosquito Travel Agents
Project members: Nicole Chechmann, Vivan Muñoz, Manuel de Juan, Erik SIlverman, Jacobo Naranjo
Les Roches Marbella in One Word
Project members: Omar Alshahadat, Veronika Blanar, Marta Klopot, and Juliette Van Eesbeeck.
Read this article in Spanish here.