Scholarships and Financial aid
As a private institution, Les Roches provides a limited number of scholarships and financial aid packages for Les Roches students.
Each scholarship and financial aid package has specific criteria, and eligibility is examined on a case-by-case basis for those students who have submitted a complete application. Students may also be eligible for loans offered in their home country.
A limited number of scholarships are available to assist motivated applicants with their hospitality studies.
These scholarships vary in amount and duration. Eligibility is examined on a case-by-case basis for those students who have submitted a complete application. Please note that scholarships may not be combined.
For more information on any of the Scholarships listed on this page please contact us
Open to incoming undergraduate students who are IB Diploma graduates. Limited to 10 scholarships per semester per Les Roches campus.
This scholarship is awarded to outstanding IB Diploma students with a minimum score of 28 points. Applicants must submit two recommendation letters and include an essay (500 words) describing their motivation for studying hospitality management at Les Roches.
GE Three scholarship tiers are available to incoming undergraduate students who graduated from a GEMS Education school.
Standard GEMS Scholarships equivalent to 10% of the entire program’s tuition fees are available to students who graduated with a HS Diploma or equivalent.
Merit GEMS Scholarships are awarded to outstanding GEMS students based on the following criteria:
1) 20% Scholarship (on entire program’s tuition fees) – this is awarded to IB Diploma students with a minimum score of 32 points (or equivalent). Applicants must submit a recommendation letter and include an essay (500 words) describing their motivation for studying hospitality management at Les Roches. Availability of this scholarship is subject to an annual cap across all Les Roches locations.
2) 25% Scholarship (on entire program’s tuition fees) – this is awarded to IB Diploma students with a minimum score of 34 points (or equivalent). Applicants must submit a recommendation letter and a short video (1 min) describing their motivation for studying hospitality management at Les Roches. Availability of this scholarship is subject to an annual cap across all Les Roches locations.
For more information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open to Sommet Education (Les Roches/Glion) alumni and children of Sommet Education alumni.
Any child of a Sommet Education institution (Les Roches/Glion) alumnus is offered a 10% scholarship applying to their program’s tuition fees. Please ensure to mention the full name of the alumnus, institution he /she has graduated from and year of graduation.
Any alumnus of a Sommet Education program is offered a 10% scholarship on tuition fees when returning to join a Sommet Education program (e.g., at the graduate level).
The family scholarship applies when two or more children (siblings, twins) of the same family apply to Sommet Education institutions (Les Roches/Glion). The second child (and any following children) to enroll will receive a 10% scholarship on tuition for the remainder of their studies. Siblings do not need to be enrolled at the same time nor at the same Sommet Education institution.
10% scholarship on tuition fees for all academic semesters
The hospitality scholarship applies to students whose financial sponsors falls into the following categories:
- Hotel General or Senior Departmental Managers
- Hotel Owners
- Restaurant Owners or Senior Managers
- General Managers or owners of companies that are related to the broader hospitality industry such as wineries, catering, party/traiteur service, event organizers, travel agencies, tour operators, spa and health resorts, luxury, etc.
Documentation supporting the above claim must be submitted with the student’s application and should not be older than a year. If not in English, Spanish or French, an official translation is requested.
Supporting evidence* can consist of:
- Certificate of Registration from the Chamber of Commerce (stating name of the company and name of the financial sponsor)
- Company Taxation Return (stating name of the company and name of the financial sponsor)
- For GM or Senior Management position, an official attestation of the Head Office (HR Department) confirming employment and position
- For Hotel Associations, an official attestation proving position
- For any company related to F&B services, company profile with detailed information on services provided and ownership details
*if the financial sponsor’s company has multiple shareholders, the sponsor must own at least 50% of the shares for the student to be eligible for the scholarship.
10%, 15% or 20% reduction off Semester 1 tuition fees — will not be automatically renewed.
A limited number of merit-based scholarships are awarded to outstanding students.
Documentation that would support a merit scholarship may include:
- school grades
- motivation letter from student
- letter of recommendation from the school or
- letter of recommendation from an employer
- Documentation needs to be provided to support the application.
Loans and information by country
In Canada, government student assistance, which can include loans, bursaries and grants, is available for Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and refugees or protected persons with assessed financial need.
The federal and provincial/territorial assistance programs are jointly administered through the student’s province/territory of residence under the Canada Student Loan Program.
To apply please go to the website: www.canlearn.ca
School Codes to apply – Les Roches: QPDH
Les Roches is recognized by the Canada Revenue Agency as a university outside Canada for the purpose of paragraph 118.5(1)(b) and 118.6 (1)(b) of the Canadian Income Tax Act.
Therefore, a taxpayer from Canada who was a full time student at the university in a degree course can claim tax credit for fees subject to certain restrictions. Furthermore, a student’s parent or guardian is also eligible to claim the transferred portion of tuition fees allowed.
Les Roches Marbella International School of Hotel Management offers scholarships for academic excellence to recognise and reward the efforts and talent of outstanding students.
All students achieving an average of between 9 and 10 points in their bachiller studies will be awarded a scholarship for 50% of the tuition fees for the undergraduate degree program.
Scholarships apply to the following programs:
- Bachelor in Business Administration in International Hotel Management
- Bachelor in Business Administration in International Hotel Management with Intensive English and Service Program
- Students resident of Spain, Andorra or Gibraltar.
- To receive the scholarship for academic excellence throughout their studies, students must maintain an average of 9 in each semester of the university program.
- The scholarship for academic excellence is not valid in conjunction with other scholarships offered by Les Roches Marbella. Limited Number of Scholarships.
Les Roches Marbella Global Hospitality Education offers a special scholarship of 10% over the tuition fees to the children of Spanish registered doctors.
This scholarship applies to the following programs:
- Bachelor & Diploma in Business Administration in International Hotel Management
- Postgraduate Program in International Hospitality Management
- Postgraduate Program in Marketing Management for Luxury Tourism
- Postgraduate Executive Program in International Hotel Management
15% reduction on tuition fees for each academic semester, automatic renewal.
The Nordic scholarship is for students who finance their studies through government loans and grants.
When the loan has been granted by the government agency, the student will receive and should then send a certificate to Les Roches admissions proving that they have been granted the loan.
All Nordic countries have government-issued student loans and grants. Certificates should be issued from one of the below agencies:
- Sweden = CSN
- Norway = Lånekassen
- Denmark = SU
- Finland = KELA
- Iceland = Lin
Les Roches is approved by the U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs for the Bachelor of Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration programs.
Interested candidates who are veterans or eligible dependents should contact Mrs. Beatriz Blecher Catto for instructions on how to apply: email@example.com.